Plastic Beekeeping Foundation - Ideal Size - Black Colour
These IDEAL size plastic foundations are a strong and durable alternative to bees wax foundation. There are many benefits of using plastic foundation over the tradition wax including:
- It is very durable and less likely to be damaged when scrapping with a hive tool
- because it can be used over and over it is more cost effective
- wax moth and mice can not destroy it
- the black colour make spotting eggs easier for your hive inspection
- can be stored at any temperature
- no blow out when extracting the honey
- wire and eyelets are not neeeded as these foundations are designed to fit snuggly with a grooved top and bottom bar.
PLEASE NOTE "IDEAL" SIZE IS SMALLER THAN MORE COMMONLY USED "FULL DEPTH" SIZE. PLEASE CHECK YOUR HIVE SIZE PRIOR TO ORDERING.
Overall dimension of the individual foundation is W 42.4cm H 11.4cm.
These IDEAL foundation are designed to fit with a grooved top and bottom bar.
Note timber frames are NOT included.
For best results we recommend to coat with a thin layer of melted beeswax on the surface prior to putting them in the hive.