Plastic Beekeeping Foundation - Full Depth - Yellow Colour
These plastic foundations are a strong and durable alternative to bees wax foundation. There are many benefits of using plastic foundation over the tradition wax including:
- It is very durable and less likely to be damaged when scrapping with a hive tool
- because it can be used over and over it is more cost effective
- wax moth and mice can not destroy it
- can be stored at any temperature
- no blow out when extracting the honey
- wire and eyelets are not neeeded as these foundations are designed to fit snuggly with a grooved top and bottom bar.
Overall dimension of the individual frame is W 42.4cm H 21.0cm. Cell size 5mm. These full depth foundation are designed to fit with a grooved top and bottom bar.
Note timber frames shown in images are NOT included.
For best results we recommend to coat with a thin layer of melted beeswax on the surface prior to putting them in the hive.